Everyone seems to be curious about our place, understandably. So was I! Here are some pictures of the inside. We have a locked door to our own living room (TV and a couch), 2 bedrooms, a bathroom, and a shower room. Our area is connected to the house but kind of in the back by the yard. We also have a nice balcony that looks out at all the green. The first few photos are of the room where I keep my things.
 |
| Room "B" where I keep my things |
 |
| My little desk |
 |
| Used a rubber band to hang my calendar :) |
 |
| My "closet" |
Emilia cleans our place every Monday and Thursday, which consists of new sheets, towels, washing our clothes, and cleaning the bathroom, stairs, and rooms. Of course, this still feels strange to me, but she has a system and has been doing this for years. The following shows "Jake's room," or where he keeps his things, does his schoolwork, and where we sleep.
 |
| The bed with our newly laundered clothes ;) |
 |
| Jake's little work space and closet |
 |
| This is the view out the bedroom window |
The place is great and has everything we need! My favorite part is that all of the windows are always open and I love hearing all the birds outside. It usually rains at least once a day, and I absolutely love the sound of rain, and the cool air that comes in.
 |
| The Hallway |
 |
| Shower |
 |
| This is fairly obvious, right? |
 |
The balcony runs the distance of the house and has chairs. Provides lovely sounds and usually a cool breeze. |
 |
| Tiny Staircase |
 |
| The Downstairs |
 |
| Our own living room |
 |
| The entrance |
So that's about it! We eat inside the main house with the family most of the time. Breakfasts and dinners are provided, as well as a coffee/snack. We enjoy the dinners when everyone is home and we can all talk- kind of! Emilia's youngest two kids speak English fluenty, and everyone else knows more English than I know Spanish. Time to go practice! ;)
Such a great experience. How awesome that you got placed with that family!
ReplyDelete