Thailand tops the charts in my book when it comes to storms. I am not sure if I've lived in a place with more spectacular storms than here. All the curtains are drawn in my bedroom yet slices of lightening are still breaking through. The thunder just passed directly over me. I check the monitor for fear of it waking Elsie up. Seems like the loud shaking would startle a baby! Not yet, though. I am sure as she gets older, she'll become more aware, and thus more afraid.
What is it about pouring rain that is so comforting? I absolutely love it. I am not one to complain about a good rain, although this past weekend I may have once or twice. We took our first Thailand vacation, which happened to be Elsie's first trip to the beach. It rained and rained and continued to rain. For the entire Saturday, it never stopped. Ever. There's only so much you can do in a hotel room, with a baby, for an entire day. So of course we strapped her on Jake's back, put her under an umbrella, and went for a walk through some caves to the beach. It was a memorable weekend, of course, despite the rain. We ended up with an hour of sunshine before we had to leave to catch our flight. We ran the girly to the beach, put her in the sand, and let her splash around a bit, so we could leave with her having "gone to the beach." Girlie loved it. She enjoys splashing, pool or ocean. She wasn't too sure about the sand, but quickly realized it doesn't taste great.
She's got a couple more beaches in her near future as we've just booked a trip to Bali in October, and she'll be spending the new year in Vietnam in a colorful little beach house with some of my siblings. Girlie is just a few days shy of nine months old. I'm still trying to let that soak in.
| Railay Beach, Thailand |
| Boat, shuttle, then plane home |
She's got a couple more beaches in her near future as we've just booked a trip to Bali in October, and she'll be spending the new year in Vietnam in a colorful little beach house with some of my siblings. Girlie is just a few days shy of nine months old. I'm still trying to let that soak in.
| Typical Elsie fashion |
Comments
Post a Comment